Saturday, January 28, 2012

Syncing LR3 with My Website and FlickR

For a few years I used Adobe CS4 with Bridge for my image processing. Essentially I cataloged my images by folder and name. Well a friend of mine forwarded me a link last "Black Friday" (November 25th) with a deal on Lightroom 3 and I took the bait. After working with LR3 for almost 2 months now I am a fan. I have altered my workflow to use LR and not Bridge and beginning about mid-December, all new images have been imported into LR as the beginning of my workflow. It has taken a little bit of work to get used to the publish support in LR. But once I downloaded the plug-ins created by Jeff Friedl and got my mind wrapped around a couple of concepts, I realized I had been working way to hard!

So what about all of the images I had prior to the LR3 purchase? Well...that is an on-going project. I decided the first thing to do was to get my website and LR3 in synch and I completed that task in December. The next thing is to get the photos on FlickR in synch with LR3. Getting the photos synch'ed takes some work and is a little tedious so I am slowly "chipping away" at the rock. Here is one of the latest images that I synch'ed up.





 This is a Western Bluebird I photographed in December 2010.
Image particulars: Canon 5D MKII, 600mm/f4 lens at f4 and 1/2000th of a second, ISO 400.

This image and others are available at my website.




No comments:

Post a Comment