Friday, March 9, 2012

Favorite FlickR Fotos for Friday 3/9/2012


This week, I decided to highlight great photographs created in California but with a twist in that the location could not be in a National Park. I put this restriction on the images because every week I look at many images created in National Parks located in California. I do this when moderating the photograph submission to the FlickR group, "Best of U.S. National Parks".

There many great places to create images in California. For "National" locations, you can chose from National Parks, National Historic Parks, National Monuments, National Preserves, National Forests, National Recreation Areas, National Historic Sites, National Seashore, National Historic Trail and the goes on. Then there are California State Parks, Preserves, Recreation Areas and more. Next there are County Parks and Recreation Areas. Then you have city owned/maintained areas.

There is a common theme to the images: all have a body of water in the photograph - two are of lakes and three are of the Pacific Ocean. Maybe next week I'll refine the restriction and eliminate images containing water. The images this week are all from areas that I have visited but never photographed: Lake Tahoe, San Diego, Big Sur, San Francisco and La Jolla. All are locations that are on my 'bucket list' of places to create images.

Here are this weeks 5 favorite images found on FlickR:
I hope you enjoy this weeks selection from FlickR. Feel free to visit my website, like my Facebook fan page, follow me on Twitter or add me to a circle on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment