Saturday, April 7, 2012

Favorite Fotos From FlickR for Friday, 4/6/2012


Another 'late' blog update. This weeks favorites are a bit of a mix. They range from the typical sunrise/sunset images that seem to grab my attention to a really interesting capture of a horse in a field to a monochrome image of man made things.

Recently I was out trying to find California Poppies. To that end, I have been searching FlickR for recent images of poppies to see what others have been finding (and where). That is how I came upon this image of California Poppies captured near Bakersfield, CA.


I was searching for recently uploaded images captured in states bordering California (I am thinking of taking a road trip) and I came across this spectacular sunset with surf.


I was searching again for recently uploaded images, but this time in California (still thinking I need a road trip) and came across this wonderful monochrome composition.


I may have to travel to Colorado for work. If that happens, I may add a day or too to the trip and take my camera gear. So I searched recently uploaded images from Colorado and came across this beautiful portrait.


This last image screams 'spring!'. The way I found it is a little different. As you see if you look at the bottom of my blog pages, I am on Google+. One of the photographers in my 'Nature Photography' circle posted this image and a description of an exchange with an un-named organization who wanted to use this image in a calendar they were selling. But they wanted it for free. Knowing that this photographer is also on FlickR, I searched out the image to include is this weeks 'Favorites'.



I hope you enjoy this weeks selection from FlickR. Feel free to visit my website, like my Facebook fan page, follow me on Twitter or add me to a circle on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment