Friday, February 3, 2012

Favorite FlickR Fotos for Friday 2/3/2012

I try to regularly cruise through photographs on FlickR looking for ones I like. I don't use "Explore" because frankly, I don't understand it. Every time I have bothered to wander through the explore images (on each day, there are 500 of them) I find a lot of pictures of what I can only describe as dolls that have been posed, photographed and photoshopped or created entirely in software. And I encounter this every time I have bothered to cruise the "Explore" images. Why those image are interesting is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned they are not images and are a waste of disk storage.

Anyway, there are a lot of great images on FlickR. I like finding them and looking at them. Sometimes I make them favorites so I can go back and look and study them to either understand what the photographer did to capture the moment or to understand why the image works. Sometimes out of this, I find interesting photographers and I add them as contacts so I can regularly go look at what they produce.

So here are 5 images I found this week on FlickR:

Sandstorm by Alpenglowimages

San Francisco Bay Bridge, Night by Robin Black Photography

Playing with water by jdcmjb

Davenport Beach by Lucas Wenger Photography

Borrego Badlands at Night by Jeffrey Sullivan

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment