Friday, February 10, 2012

Favorite FlickR Fotos for Friday 2/10/2012


If you are following my blog then you know that I regularly cruise through photographs on FlickR looking for ones I like. There are a lot of great images on FlickR. Just finding the photographs is enjoyable.

I am currently following about 25 photographers on FlickR but I don't limit my hunting to just that group. I cruise through various group pools like Best of U.S. National Parks (a group which I help moderate), California Landscape PhotographerUtah Landscapes and Singh Ray Filters (I have almost 70 groups in the list I currently follow) and peruse the photographs. When I find a photograph I like I make them a "favorite" so I can go back and study them to either understand what the photographer did to capture the moment or to understand why the image works. Sometimes out of this, I find interesting photographers and I add them as contacts so I can regularly go look at what they produce.

So out of the gabazillion photographers on FlickR I am only following about 25 of them. Does that mean I think they are the 25 best photographers on FlickR? Not at all. There are lots of great photographs posted everyday and there are many, many great photographers but there is only 1 of me and I do need to make a living. So the 25 photographers is what I can manage and the 5 images I am linking to here are only 5 out of the many I found and really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment